Jun 3, 2020
Joseph Massie |
Flowers + Joseph Massie at the UK School of
TOPIC: Working Through A Pandemic
When the COVID-19 pandemic shut down his city, Joseph Massie got
to work figuring out how to handle the sudden halt of business cash
flow due to wedding postponements, class cancellations, and budget
restraints on commissioned work. Because he envisions his business
being around for years to come, Joseph knew he had to play the long
game and make decisions based on building the long-term
relationships he'll need to sustain his business post-pandemic. He
shares two important skills he's learned while trying to find the
opportunities in what he calls his "blank slate moment" when
business as he once knew it all changed.
Join us as we talk about:
- handling staffing during the pandemic shut down
- dealing with the confusion and insecurities created by an
- offering great customer service during challenging times
- handling wedding postponements with grace
- finding opportunities in the "blank slate moments"
- why he decided to postpone the launch of his
school until July 1st, 2020 (it's right around
Joseph’s Advice for Carrying On During the
- Prioritize – Determine
what’s essential, what you can do in the here and now, and what’s
important to you.
- Innovate – Look for new ways to
serve your clients, team, and community.
MENTIONED IN BB+ EPISODE 8:
Podcast Host: Amy
McGee (Botanical Brouhaha)
Sound Engineer: Joel McGee
& Performed by: Landon McGee